Here are my thoughts on Set Designer, I'm happy to get feedback on this:
1. Set Designer will be a yearly subscription. You buy a subscription and get access to EVERYTHING for 1 year, to continue to get access you would need to "renew" your subscription.
2. There are no download limitations like Poliigon.com etc. You can pay for the subscription, get all of the updates for a year and not renew. You still get to keep and use all of the assets you downloaded. Yay! You just wouldn't get any of the new ones after that.
Why do it this way?
1. This makes it easier for me to add new assets and makes it easier for the subscribers to access them.
2. This makes the whole "updates/build" system more fluid and simplifies paying for updates to a single yearly cost for the user.
3. This makes its simpler for me to collaborate with other 3D artists and developers who may be contributing to the database.
This is a hybrid model that I've been trying thinking about for a while. I want it to work for me and for the users, so any feedback I'm open to hearing.